(a). Dilemma Sessions
The aim of the parallel Dilemma Sessions is for delegates to facilitate the development of PhD students and early postdoctoral researchers. Students/postdocs will present their research topic and conclude with a query or dilemma connected with their research; then through high-level, scholarly, but supportive discussion, delegates will help the student/postdoc to think about possible solutions. These sessions should not be used for presenting research results.
(b). Ground rules for presenters within Dilemma Sessions
- You have 30 minutes ’on the floor’
- You should briefly present your research topic (10 minutes)
- You should conclude your presentation with a specific query or dilemma
- The audience should discuss your query/dilemma, offering suggestions (20 minutes)
Each Dilemma Session will be facilitated by a ’senior person’ whose role is to manage time and chair the discussion
2. Abstracts for Dilemma Sessions
- Your abstract should be 200-300 words long.
- In your abstract, please address three key questions:
- What is your research about?
- What is the query or dilemma you want to discuss?
- What do you want to achieve in your 30 minutes ‘on the floor’?
Abstract submission deadline – 1st July 2020